Sunday, August 21, 2011

Card for Ducati

Hello blogger friends and happy Sunday. I have a card to share with you that I made for my son's dog. I know it's a dog but I love him dearly. Just a little bit of background. My oldest son had to move back in with us for a while and had a dog, her name is Chyenne. Well she had puppies while living with us and my youngest wanted to keep one. We let Chris keep one and he named him Ducati. He lived at our house so we basically raised him so he was like my own dog. Both my son's now live in Texas but mama dog Chyenne is staying with us up her in WA for a while. Any how Chris called last week and told us that Ducati (the baby, now 5 yrs old) had a stroke and the whole right side of his face just sags. He sent us a picture and it just broke my heart. So I got out my Gypsy and came up with this card.
I started by making a copy of the bone, flipping it over and welding the ends together so I could score it down the center after it was cut to make the base for the card. I then copied the bone again and made it a little larger than the the first bone so I could place it on top of the base. I have some brads that are bones and dog prints that were perfect for this card.
I have some doggy stamps so I first stamped this bone, cut it out and then stamped a sentiment in it. The sentiment says "SPOILED BUT WORTH IT!". Used pop dots to place it on the card.
Here is another stamp from that set. After stamping it I cut it out and punched a hole in the top of the dog tag. Used a little twine to tie it around the dogs neck.

I inked Chyenne's paw and stamped it on a piece of paper and cut it out. After cutting it out I stuck it on the inside of the card with her name. On the other side we wrote a little note to him. Well that's my card, I hope you liked it.

Cartridge: Create a Critter (used on my Gypsy)
Stamps: Misc. dog stamps
Ink: Tim Holtz distressing ink in Tea Dye
Misc: brads, twine, white and black gel pen

Thanks for looking and God Bless you all,
Kellie

2 comments:

  1. Really love this one...I have a minature poodle who IS spoiled rotten, but worth it. Your card made me smile. TFS

    ReplyDelete