Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Monday Challenge #20 - It's Hot Out There!

Good morning blogger friends, it's time for the Monday Challenge at My Craft Spot. This weeks challenge is called: It's Hot Out There. The challenge is to use hot, bright colors on your project. Here is the card I made for this challenge using my Gypsy and Create a Critter.
I used Tim Holtz Distressing Ink in Wild Honey to ink around everything. Then my Gelly Roll pen to stitch around the happy little sun, tag and card. Oh and a couple of cute little dots on his happy little cheeks.

The sentiment was stamped on then heat embossed in an orange. I thought that these cute little flower brads matched the back ground paper that is from DCWV.

On the inside I used some of the same paper and added a cute little bee. I really like this card, it's so happy and cheery.

Cricut Cartridge: Create a Critter (sun & bee)
Tim Holtz Distressing Ink: Wild Honey
Paper: DCWV - Adhesive mat stack Prints
Misc: Gelly Roll pen, brads, sentiment stamp

Thanks for stopping by and God Bless you all,
Kellie

11 comments:

  1. What an adorable, fun card! I love the colors and the cute sun makes me smile! Love this :)

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the double sun layers! So cute! Great card!
    Tina
    www.myhoppyplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kellie, what a super, super cute card...so cute. Fantastic! ~Shen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kellie, I so love this card. Beautiful colors, papers, and the way you layed it out. Good luck on the challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Kellie.Great colours and love the bee.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a darling card !! Love the sun and the doodlin....great papers too!
    Thanks for playing along with us this week, at My Craft Spot !
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute!! I ♥ the pen stitching details. Thanks for linking up this week at My Craft Spot.

    Hugs,
    Amy
    Scrapping Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is too cute! I love how you finished off the inside too! Thanks for playing along with us at My Craft Spot this week!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a bright, cheerful card! Your doodling really makes this card stand out! Great job!
    Thanks so much for playing along at My Craft Spot!
    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a happy card!! I love the sweet sunshine! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete