Thursday, June 30, 2011

Peachy Keen Challenge #55

Hello there blogger friends, hope all is well. I bought this new background stamp last weekend at a flee market for $5.00, what a bargain. It measures 5 1/2" x 4 1/2". I used this stamp as the building block and my inspiration for this card. I love how it turned out, it's even prettier in person than in the picture. I'm entering this card in to the "Peachy Keen Stamps' Sketch Challenge #55". They provide a layout and you are to create your card based upon this. Join in the fun and hop on over to Peachy Keen and see all the great cards made for this challenge.

Here are the requirements for this challenge.


1. Create a card based on the layout provided (Peachy Keen Stamps are not required for this challenge, but if you've got them, we looooove seeing how you create with them!) 

2. Project must include basic elements from the sketch, but feel free to get creative and flip them.

I first stamped out the background paper then cut it down to 4 1/4" x 4 1/4"
The dress is from the Nifty Fifties cartridge cut at 4".
These paper flowers are brown and light salmon pink colored.

I placed pearls at the waist line and on the skirt. I used a green checkered strip of paper behind the dress.
I didn't want to cover up the newspaper printed background any more than I had to, so I used velum and embossed my sentiment on it in black. I really like this because I can still see the background through it. 
God Bless you,
Kellie

7 comments:

  1. Love your card, very vintage looking. Great bargain on the awesome stamp too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card!! The background stamp is perfect, and I love the sentiment stamped on vellum.... I am now a follower! :)
    Amy

    redheadedcrafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Kellie!!! I'm SO jealous of that stamp! It's fabulous!! You did an amazing job with it and I LOVE your mannequin too!!! Her dress with the pearls is adorable! Thanks for playing along with us at Peachy Keen. Good luck! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous card, I love the sentiments and embellishments that you used! Looking forward to seeing more of your creations, I am now a follower. :)

    Stop by my new craft blog, Made Especially For You.

    Ashley
    http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty and great style, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kellie, thank you for the blog award! I hope to post it this week before we go away again :)

    Your background stamp is a great find, and I especially love what YOU did with it. Your card is fantastic. Good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That background stamp is amazing and you created such a beautiful card with it! I love it! The dress with pearls looks gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your talent with us at PKS!

    ReplyDelete