Thursday, May 19, 2011

Princess Wand

Hello blogger friends. I was blessed with 2 wonderful boys who are now grown and out of the house. Having never had a daughter I have to make girly things for myself. When I saw the Magic Wand or as I like to call it a Princess Wand in the Once Upon a Princess cartridge I just had to make it. Boy was it a hard bugger to make and half way through had double thoughts. Okay it wasn't that bad but I did have to make the wand handle 2 times. Thank God for my Gypsy because I could hide all the other images and just cut out the handle. Where would I be without my Gypsy.
Lots of pieces to have to layer just for a wand oops Princess Wand. I used Perfect Pearls on everything but the handle before I glued it together.

You can kind of see how they inter lock to form four points. I found this part a bit of a challenge. But that's just me.  And now for the bottom of the handle. It is also put together in an inter locking method which yes I found challenging. You can kind of see the shimmer of the Perfect Pearls on the bottom of the wand. After I was done I used Scotch quick dry adhesive and applied it at the joint areas just to give it a little strength.

Cricut Cartridge: Once Upon a Princess
Image: MagcWand on page 69 cut at 6 1/4" (8 1/2 x 11) paper
Ranger Perfect Pearls

I do like how it turned out and will display it in my craft room.

God Bless you all,
Kellie

No comments:

Post a Comment